background

Sunday, December 16, 2012

E-mail 12-10-12






Dec 10, 2012
Bonjour!!! Thanks for the awesome emails. Y’all be rockin. This week was awesome, at times, but mostly it was just rough .  This transfer I am really going to have to learn how to speak le Français!  It’s been a super humbling experience. The majority of the "humble pie" I ate this week came on Saturday night. We had a lesson with our new investigator Matthieu. He is a super nice guy that doesn’t believe in Christ. So my goal going into the lesson was to help him understand the importance and the role of our savior Jesus Christ. He was not having any of it. He ate me alive. There is no worse feeling then getting shut down in French because there is so little I can say back! The only thing I knew to do was to bear my testimony. He wasn’t having any of that either. He kicked us right out of the house. I will never forget the way I felt, even if I live to be a million.   It was the worst feeling ever. I was not as prepared as I should have been and for that reason alone he may never accept the gospel in this life. I felt horrible. I know those experiences must happen and I must learn from them to become a better missionary but my oh my was it a rough experience. Needless to say I have been studying extra hard on how to teach people who don’t believe in Christ. It’s been good for me! Learning about the Savior of the World never gets old. I love this time of year that we have to learn, remember, and reflect on his infinite atonement, his crucial birth, and his glorious resurrection! Yesterday I was quietly thinking to myself during personal study where I would if it wasn’t for the life of my savior Jesus Christ? Then I quickly thought to myself... what a stupid question!!!! I would be NOTHING. I would be NOWHERE! My life would be WORTHLESS.  Its because of Him and his infinite and eternal atonement that I can even repent and have the chance of returning to my Heavenly Father. He is the one who created this wonderful earth! I love my Savior!

This week I studied my missionary call, you know the one that every missionary gets that says where he is going and where he will be serving, and I learned that there are many awesome promises outlined within its 6 paragraphs. I don’ t have time to explain them all but one hit me hard. "Greater blessings and more happiness than you have ever experienced await you as you HUMBLY and PRAYERFULLY serve the Lord in this labor of love among his children." True that!  I have never been happier and I have never been bombarded with so many blessings from the Lord! Serving the Lord is the hardest thing I have ever been asked to do. Loving the people of France is the second. And Learning French is third. (or 1st haha) But trying my hardest to be successful at all three of them has blessed me more then i could’ve ever imagined! I am nowhere even close to where I need to be but each day the Lord comforts me and lets me know that I am on the right track! (or relatively close haha).   This week out DL has asked me, to ask you, if you could pray for us as a district. We have made a goal to get 20 baptisms this transfer. I know it’s possible! Thanks for your prayers. yall rock!
Life is the best. Thanks for all your prayers! I have surely felt them. Stay awesome! Que Dieu vous benisse! 

Bises Bises Bises,

Elder Adamz


No comments:

Post a Comment