background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

1st Letter from Elder Adams

May 31, 2012
Dear Mother and Father,
Hopefully you guys are done crying by now, ha ha.  The MTC is legit!  It feels so surreal to be wearing a missionary name tag.  My new companion is Elder Lavering.  He is a pretty sweet dude.  He is from Seattle Washington and went to college for two semesters at BYU.  We have a lot in common and are getting along better than I could have ever imagined.  Usually I will not be allowed to write you until Tuesday (because that's my "P" day), but the MTC President told us to write out parents and let them know we are still alive!  The MTC reminds me so much of college.  I live in a tiny room with my companion and 4 other missionaries.  All of the other Elders are fluent Spanish speakers because they have been here for nine weeks.  They will be leaving next Wednesday so hopefully our room will only have 4 in it once they leave.  Each room is only made for two companionship's (4) but they are doing construction on other apartments so we are really crowded.  So for the first week I will be living out of my suitcase. 

The food at the MTC is suprisingly good.  Yesterday for dinner we had some steak thing and it looked so gross, but for some reason I liked it (fatty).  My roommates and companion almost puked when they ate it.  My classroom teacher, Brother Gundersen, is a stud.  He will be teaching me and my district (9 of us) for the next nine weeks.  Almost everyone is going to France in my district, except for my companion who will be serving in the Congo, Africa.  I looked on a may and it is pretty close to where Garrett served.

I love you guys so much and am blessed to be serving a mission.  There is no where else I'd rather be!

Love Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment