background

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday, June 5th


Bonjour Famille!

The last couple of days have been insane. I feel at times that my brain is going to explode from learning all this French stuff, and all of the gajillion other things you learn in the MTC. My testimony and knowledge have doubled in just the last five or so days all thanks to the MTC. That’s not saying much but ya’ll catch my drift haha this place is amazing for realz.  I’m not going to lie and say this place is fun cuz that would be a lie, but I know that this Jail (MTC) is crucial for me if I want to be a successful missionary when I am finally ready to hit The City of Love. On just the second day being here I got called as the District President.  Its definitely not an easy calling but I can already tell how important it is going to be for my growing as a missionary. Every Sunday and Tuesday and Wednesday I have meetings to attend with this calling plus a schedule packed of a day with the normal things missionaries do here. I feel like I’m still not even sure how to take care of myself haha but now I have been asked to take care of my entire district.  Crazzzzy haha.  My compagnon missionnaire  (missionary companion) is a stud. His name is Elder Lavering and he’s from Seattle, Washington.  Since day one we have gotten along great and he has taught me so much in so little time. It’s a good thing he has a sense of humor like me because if he didn’t I’m pretty sure I might die in here, haha. He is hilarious. We have already taught two discussions in French to an investigator.   All I can say are some lines of French that I have memorized and I usually say the prayer because that’s about all I can do in French thus far. Elder Lavering is a stud and has already picked up a ton of French and can somewhat respond to the investigators questions.  I pretty much just sit there lookin like a blank faced tard.  I can actually understand what the Frenchie is saying to us but I’m still not sure how to respond. It may 'much French so far its crazy, but I’m still trying to learn how to let it come out of my mouth with a French accent.  I’m not to good yet at pronunciation so I sound like a real loser. The food here really isn’t that bad, and believe it or not, WILLARD (Miles nickname from Footloose) IS ACTUALLY EATING SMALL PORTIONS OF FOOD.  There has only been one day when I have kinda sorta pigged out, the day they brought ice cream haha.  I have successfully tied my tie for five straight days without any help!  I never even had to ask actually, it just kinda came to me haha.

Today I got to go to the temple. It was seriously amazing. The Provo Temple is beee-uuu-tafull (belle). Throughout much of the session I thought so much about moi famille et amies.  I miss you guys so much, but I love being on a mission and I know it is so worth it.  Wearing a missionary tag and being a messenger of the Lord is something I have waited for my whole life.  It still feels crazy that I am finally on my mission but it’s finally settling in.

Love Elder Adams.

Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment