background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

E-mail 8-20-12


Mother!
Not gonna lie that is kinda a bummer that school starts up again haha. But enjoy the last week in good old Utah (hate that place). I am sure that you are lovin having Garrett back in town and seeing Whit and Cody as well. Sounds like Garrett did well in NC. Not bad not bad. Tell him if he has a little time to send some of that cash flow this way. I wouldn’t mind a little. Just kidding. I kinda like being a poor missionary. It has really helped with the weight loss. I HAVE LOST 9 POUNDS SINCE LEAVING THE MTC. Not bad eh? Maybe by the time I come back I will be looking like my main man Elder Faught ( six foot four/ 125 pounds) hahahha. We walk many miles throughout each day so I am sure that helps with the weight loss as well. The mission isn’t only helping me with my spirituality but physically as well! haha.

This last week has been a real treat. I got to go on splits for my first time. I got to go with Elder Piper (my district leader). He is the man. He taught me so much. I think the two things I learned the most are the importance of following the spirit during each lesson and talking with EVERYONE. It was fun mixing things up for the first time in Belgium.

Church is always a real treat. The members of the Ward are seriously the nicest people I have ever met. Every one of them always say hi and let me practice speaking French with them. I still don’t understand very well what is going on throughout all of the meetings but that will come with time. This week at church I prayed four times haha. Since I don’t say anything during their lessons, because I have no idea what is going on, they always ask me to say the prayer because they know I am capable of doing that. As soon as I say Amen everyone runs up to me and tells me how good my French sounds hahha   I LOVE these people!

This week has been horrible weather wise. The last three days there has been a heat wave passing through. It was soooo hawt! Humidity and heat are the worst. The first three weeks the weather was amazing so I wasn’t really prepared for all this heat . It is hot everywhere during every time of the day! I have woken up each morning the last couple of days completely drenched. It is even hot in the shade. Thank goodness they didn’t send me to Africa! The people here act like they are gonna die because it has been so hot. It is really not that bad just a big difference from the norm.

All is well on this side of the world. I love you and pray for you everyday. Stay awesome. Stay neat. Keep on keepin on. Love yall!

Father
I am glad to hear that all is going well with the business. Know that I am praying for your success and the family as well. How has the new web site cart been working? Have people been buying stuff on the web site? I sure hope so. Sounds like things are really starting to come around and hopefully by the time I am back you are rollin in the dough so we can play some golf, haha just kidding. How has your golf game been? Hopefully you and mother have had the chance to play a little.
I sent you and mom a letter so it should be here this week. I sent a couple of cute pics with it as well so you can remember how good looking your son is and how much we look alike. We really are some handsome people, nes pas? That is sweet that Garrett is finally home. I am sure he is glad to be done with all that knocking on doors and stuff (I still have two more years of it! and I am loving it! Knocking on doors here is where we find our most success!) and even happier to have the big bucks he got for knocking. I’m sure he will be able to take some girls on some pretty sweet dates with all that money and maybe even pay for college and a new car. You’re lucky all of your kids are genius' eh. And that is awesome that Scott Smith has been tearing it up on the PGA tour since I left. That man is a stud. Hopefully by the time I come back he will have won a couple or something haha, you never know.

I don’t have a lot of time this week to write but just know that all is well on this side of the world. I am loving it more than I could’ve ever imagined. The work is really starting to pick up. We have beacoup des rendez-vous this week! (a lot of appointments). The people here are becoming more lovable with each passing day. But sometimes it can be hard when they try running me over, when they flip me off, and when they throw cigarette buts at me haha. With success comes opposition... so that is OKAY! I love you to the moon and back!  Stay awesome. Stay Schweet!

Avec Amour,
Elder Adamzzz



No comments:

Post a Comment