background

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

E-mail 1-7-13



January  7, 2013
Bonjour. I can’t believe its already 2013 too. Time flies when you’re working hard and you’re having fun doing it!  I’m still in that awkward stage of writing 2012 instead of 13. Hopefully I’ll snap out of it soon. Hate when that happens. Thanks for the birthday reminder. I forgot!  That’s only like three weeks away. Not sure how I feel about it. I don’t want to be 20.  Life in the teens was the best. Mais c'est pas grave. All of the things you mentioned sounded really good. I wouldn’t complain a bit if you sent them all  haha. If you’re going to send the package this week send it to the mission home because transfers are this next week!  (the mission home is really good about getting things to us... if ever in doubt of where I’ll be... send things to the mission home!)  I’m pretty certain I’ll be staying here but last time I said that I was wrong.  Only time will tell.  And yes we have an oven and all of the others do as well. And yes the forty bucks got to me just fine. Don’t worry about exchanging it over there.  I can do it easy here.  Thanks again for the lovely package!  You da best. Sorry you have to go back to school tomorrow Mom! That’s a bummer.  It’s good for you though! 

Well with the New Year comes them liberal new year resolution things. I think new years resolutions are pretty dumb but as a missionary I thought it might be a good way to help  me step up my spiritual game. I’ve decided to study like crazy chapter 4 of preach my gospel,  "How Do I Recognize and Understand the Spirit."   It’s been a challenge but I have surely seen some progress.  Following the spirit is no piece of cake.  It takes lots of practice!  I have had a few moments on my mission where the spirit has told me where to go and what to say.  That is still a work in progress.  About 99 percent of the time the Spirit will speak to me (to everyone) with a WHISPER.  That’s what’s so hard about truly understanding the spirit.  Sometimes I wish it would just YELL at me haha.  But that would be too easy.  Elder Ballard says it best,  "God does not send thunder if a still small voice is enough!"  So true.  My comp and I have been working very hard these last few weeks on following the spirit in all we do.  We have seen some small miracles for our worthy desire.  It’s been awesome.  God is putting people in our path who will listen. In the beginning of my mission I tried to follow the spirit the best I could but I was making it way harder then it needed to be.  I was looking for THUNDER ( loud voice) and I was looking for BIG miracles in large abundance.   I have quickly learned that that is not how our father in heaven works.  BIG miracles happen often in this world but that doesn’t mean that they always will.  Only if it’s the will of God!   My favorite promise in Preach my Gospel is... "And if you are doing the right thing and if you are living the right way, you will know in your heart what the spirit is saying to you."   It’s as simple as that! Follow the commandments, pray always, listen and apply the words of living prophets and church leaders, study the scriptures, listen to your parents, don’t go where you shouldn’t be,  keep the mission rules, work hard, play hard (when appropriate), and have faith in Christ!  Those are the most important things I have discovered for successfully following the spirit.  Last time I checked they were not new doctrines!  Pretty sure y’all have heard them a gazillion times before.  But we can all work on them more each and every day!!   Especially me. 

Life is the best. Thanks for being awesome. Thanks for all ya do!  C'est gentil.  Bon semaine et que Dieu vous benisse! Toujous suivre l'esprit! C'est important. Bien sur. *

Bises Bises Bises

Elder Adamz.

PS  Oh yeah, I never get to teach the primary!  Speaking to children in French is different.  It’s hard. Not sure I’m quite ready for that. But you are! I swear youve been a primary teacher for all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment