background

Thursday, October 31, 2013

E-mail 10-28-13 Transfer to Normandy



10-28-13
OMG! Life is too crazy.  Just when I get comfortable being in Paris the Lord sends me out to Normandy! I’m going to be serving in Caen.  It’s a super nice ville... pretty big I believe but I’m not too sure. Its super close to the ocean to I believe. And I will be serving with Elder Christensen. I am going into my twelfth transfer... having served in 6 villes!   SO CRAZY.  There are Elders in my group who have only served in like 2 or 3 villes.   And I will stay as a zone leader.  Good to know that God still trusts me :) haha.
COOL NEWS. So this last week a girl we found and taught in Strasbourg got baptized! SHE IS SO LEGIT. She is probably one of the most legit people I have ever met in my life.  We found her when I served with Elder Webber.  We contacted her while on the BUS and shortly after started teaching her. I remember clearly the first Sunday that she came to sacrament meeting. She felt the spirit for the first time!  And then right after sacrament meeting we taught her a lesson with a member.  I can still remember like it was yesterday.... I remember my comp, me, then the member testifying and the spirit whacked her right in the face!  She started crying.  She knew it was true! She couldn’t deny it. (The Book of Mormon really got her as well)  I’m SO PUMPED for her.  Sharing the gospel is such a blessing. I have been so blessed on my mission.  I have been blessed with many baptisms. I know peepz say baptisms are not everything... but let’s be real... they kinda are!  Preaching and teaching is good... But it’s not enough. I came to France to baptize! The Lord blesses missionaries (and everyone) when they have good desires! Everyday and every week of my mission I have felt this desire to baptize... to help people come unto Christ... and it has and will continue to pay off.  Having a comp with this same attitude changes a lot as well. When two people have this desire the number of baptisms doubles. And when you get the ward behind you... the number of baptisms goes up 500 percent. MISSIONS ROCK.
Well I need to go pack and do a gazillion other things before I leave the city of love!  So much to do so little time. Sorry for the short letter. Forgive me?  I will try my hardest to do better next week. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  My little quote of the week... "If you believe you can, you’re half way there." -Teddy Roosevelt. TRUE THAT!  Keep believing y’all.
BISOUS!
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment