background

Monday, September 17, 2012

E-mail 9-17-12



Family,
Thanks for the awesome email. Yall rock! This week was yet again a real treat. I say that every week but I have tooo, cuz its true! The people here are the best. My ward is the best. The food is the best. Learning French is stinkin hard, but its the best. And of course serving a mission is the best. Everything about my life right now is pretty much the best haha except for the fact that I have to wake up at 6 thirty every morning (not sure I will ever like that).

Questions- Patrick is the man. He works for the brand Kraft. Just like the one in America I think. He is the best. I will tell him that you say thank you. And yes the pictures you saw were at a Chinese Restaurant from a couple of weeks ago. It was really good.  It reminded me a lot of American food. And they had an ice cream bar #Weakness #HeavenOnEarth.  And he only travels to the US once a year I believe. I think he usually just visits Utah. I would tell him to come say hi to you when he visits the US of A but last time I checked no one in the family spoke French haha. Language barriers are the WORST. Trust me.

This week was super bizarre.  On Thursday we taught a sweet old man named F. He has fruged (didn’t show up to the lesson) us about 5 times but finally he decided to see us! The second he let us in his house I wished he would have fruged us again hahah just kidding. But for reals the house reeeeekd. In his house he had 35 Chinchillas (rabbit looking demon things), 25 huge trap door spiders, and é huge fish tanks full of a million different things. All of these things are in his living room and kitchen! Who does that? haha. He lives in the garage and has a little kitchen set up in his garage so that all of his animals can live in the house. That’s some serious love. Probably a little to much love, n'est pas? But other than all that nonsense the lesson went surprisingly well. We taught him the Plan du Salut (salvation) and gave him a Book of Mormon. We were able to answer a lot of his questions and he said he would read the Book of Mormon. Hopefully he does!

Another bizarre rendez-vous was with a man named G. They live in a mansion. When we knocked on the door his wife let us in and went to find her husband. We literally sat in the mansion for 15 minutes before anybody came down to talk to us haha #Awkward. Finally the man came down the stairs and introduced himself.  We went out back on his porch and talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ. The lesson was awesome.  During the lesson we taught him about the atonement and the power of repentance.

Well I think that’s about all I got. The French is coming along better and better each week. The "French" light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter. It’s without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever had to do but with the help of the Lord anything is possible. Oh yeah, we set a baptismal date this week for R! I am excited for her.  Life here is the best! Stay Awesome. #churchIsTrue

XOXO Avec Amour,

Elder A.


No comments:

Post a Comment