background

Thursday, September 6, 2012

E-mail 9-3-12



Family,
To answer your question letters and packages are free to receive here. But that doesn’t mean you need to send them. Those things are expensive! Save the money and take dad on a hawt date or something. I’m sure he would love that, nes pas? Sounds like things are going well back home. That’s awesome. Y’all deserve the best! That’s pretty sweet that its already football season. Not that it matters or that I even care but I hope the R aiders bring the swag this year. #LoveThem. Sounds like your first week of school went good. Your so lucky that you get to teach Booner Ray (Ryan).  Kids a stud.  Do me a favor and never call him Ryan in class because that’s disrespectful to the south. haha #butSeriously.  Oh and to answer your other questions. I will probably be with my companion for one more transfer. This coming Saturday is transfers! That came fast. There is always a chance of getting transferred but most likely not this time. My companion is a decent cook. He makes some prettty leggit rice and veggies. I can’t complain. We usually just switch off cooking each day. The food is definitely different from the US.  We don’t really eat anything that we eat back home except for chicken and fries. Everything else is way different. For example the milk here is super good but super different.  Milk here doesn’t really expire. It lasts up to four months. Not really sure how they do it? haha. United States should pick up on that ehh. Oh and a lot of the pants I left with don’t really fit anymore. They straight up shrunk. I know you probably think its because I’m getting fat but it isn’t true. Those are just rumors. So far I have lost 9 pounds. Not bad ehh. I am gonna need to buy a couple more pairs of pants here in the next couple weeks. Or I could just go without pants. Whatever happens happens. Ca va.  (I think I answered all of your questions)

This last week has been sooooo good to me. Zone conference was leggit. It was fun meeting a lot of new people. I am the only new missionary in the district so of course they made me introduce myself. That’s always fun. My zone leaders are awesome and really got me pumped up for the work. Sounds weird saying "pumped up" when I’m talking about missionary work but its soo true. Before a basketball game I would usually get pumped up by listening to some dumb rap song (or Taylor Swift) but for missionary work its a little different. Mo Tab and the Book of Mormon (and zone leaders) are what get me pumped up and ready for the game of missionary work. Gotta love it. The Madulla famille is really progressing. They all committed to baptism but they haven’t picked a date yet. They still need to get married so we will have to see how long the whole process takes. Luigi (the dad) is my favorite. He loves going to church. He has already bought a white shirt and tie. Doesn’t sound like much but it really is. They have very little money so it was a sacrifice for sure.  We offered to get him clothes but he wanted to do it on his own. We are going to begin teaching their eleven old daughter on Wednesday because they want her to get baptized as well. I can’t wait!

Ever since I can remember I have been preparing to serve a mission. Staying worthy for a mission is something I have always wanted to do. It wasn’t easy in high school and sometimes I even wondered why I was doing it. But now I KNOW why! I will never forget how happy I was when Ii walked out of the Madullas house last Wednesday. I have been preparing my entire life to serve a mission because of them and whoever else the Lord leads me to for the next two years. Everything is really starting to make sense. Now I know why my parents didn’t want me out late, dating dumb girls (father), or all of the other stupid things that kids do that seem so right at the time but in reality are not worth it. This last week I have really began to understand the importance of being worthy of the spirit and teaching with it. It’s the spirit that is going to lead me and my companion to people who are searching for the gospel and its the spirit alone that teaches and converts people into the gospel. I have been taught this a million times in the MTC and before my mission but it’s finally all become a reality for me. Church has gotten a lot more true this week (but lets be honest, it always was haha). I have also came to realize that this life can be hard at times but that’s okay because that is how the Lord intended it to be! Without trials we wouldn’t learn and progress in this life. I can’t remember who said it but in the MTC if we want to be successful in this life we must "strive, struggle, and desire." He couldn’t have said it any better. #Doctrine.   I’ll just finish with my favorite quote from President John Taylor. "If you do not magnify your callings, God will hold you responsible for those whom you might have saved had you done your duty. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to SAVE."   TRUUUUUU THAT.   Love y’all!

Elder Adams

#ChurchIsTrue
#DontForgetIt
#BonSemaine

No comments:

Post a Comment