background

Monday, July 29, 2013

E-mail July 15, 2013



Mother. Sorry for the weak email last week. You didn’t deserve that. I will repent and try to do better this week!  A new suit costs around $150 or so.  Depends on where and when. Right now is Solds(A big sale)  so everything in France isssss suppper cheap. I need one pretty bad. Both of my American suits are not going to last much longer. I have sewed them dang pants a gajillion times hah  Life goes on. I didn’t really care haha, but all of my roomies were pretty bummed. I guess Strasbourg is famous for their firework show. Dommage! There is always next year. 
a. My sewing is pretty poor but thanks to those pants it’s safe to say I’m gonna be a pro here pretty soon. I want to buy some ties for people so send me some extra cash please! I have heard nothing about this big train crash. I talked to President this morning and he said nothing about a train crash so I’m guessing all of the missionaries are safe. I’m curious to see what happened. I’m sure we will here all about it. Yes, yesterday was like the Fourth of July for France. They had a huge firework show. Sadly we missed it just barely. We only have windows on one side of our house and the fireworks were on the windowless side. SAD!

The baptism went super well.  Dominique is a stud!  He was the happiest guy I have ever seen in my life the hour before and after his baptism. He soaked it in well. The Bishop baptized him. It was super cool. At the end of the baptismal service Dominique got up to the pulpit and shared his testimony.  It was a little testimony but it packed a punch!  It’s amazing what happens to a persons life when they realize that God lives and that he loves them!  That can change everything.  Dominique’s testimony is something I will never forget. It’s the moments like that that give me a surety that God sent me to France for a reason. That I am here in Strasbourg for a reason.  That learning French is friggin hard but its essential if I am to fulfill my purpose as a missionary in the country God sent me to.  Assurance that comes from God is the best assurance ever.  Seek an agent near you ;) #missionaryHUMOR

It’s been so fun these last 8 weeks to see a ward completely change its attitude towards missionary work.  Before me and Elder Webber arrived 8 weeks ago it had been years since the last baptism.  Not good.  We knew that if we were going to gain the confidence of the members we had to find people who were ready to accept the gospel.  Prayer and hard work are the main ingredients to fulfill this sometimes seemingly impossible goal.  The lord answered our prayers and the members  prayers.... and he answered them quickly!  Three baptisms in 6 weeks.  I have seen a lot of miracles in my mission but none bigger then that.  And an even bigger miracle is that all three of these awesome children of God are staying steady in the gospel.  They are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.  Going to church. Reading their scriptures.  And sharing the gospel.  I am the most blessed missionary in the world to be here in Strasbourg. The Lord is blessing us left and right.  I am excited to see what these coming weeks will bring.  I’m sure they will rock.  Elder Dussere is a boss. It’s been fun to see how much better my French is after only being together two weeks.  I have been dreaming in French and thinking in French. Best feeling in the world.  I am loving it. The Lord has blessed me with a strong desire to improve my French day by day.  Most of the time missionaries sort of loose the desire to improve after they have discovered they can communicate good, enough but I want to keep going.  I want to speak just like a good ole Frenchie haha. Not sure if any of that makes sense but whatever.  Its not important. 

Glad you had a good time in Vegas. That big heat wave ya’ll were talking about hit Strasbourg I believe.  It has been so hot here!  I hate the heat. Hopefully those big French rain clouds come rolling in soon.  On verra. Thanks for all of your prayers and for being awesome. I am so blessed!  I know I say it every week but I hope my mission never ends.  I know I am where I am supposed to be.  I know god has prepared people here in Strasbourg who need to be taught the gospel.  They need to make sacred covenants with God so God can bless them more abundantly. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know its a huge part of a strong and lasting conversion. The Book of Mormon is a testimony of Jesus Christ.  The sprit is there to testify to us that Christ lives.  So if you want a reassurance or a testimony of the divinity of Christ.... read the BOOK!  If you want your friends to know... force them to read the book.  The book does miracles.  But the book cant do miracles unless we share the dang thing.  Have a good week.  Que Dieu vous bénisse!

Elder Adamz 

No comments:

Post a Comment