background

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

E-mail 10-29-12



Life is seriously the best. This has been a crazy week full of lots of reflecting on all of the many blessings I have received from my Father in Heaven! Sometimes I get so caught up in learning French, learning how to teach the missionary lessons, learning how to pack my life into 2 suitcases over night, learning how to understand my purpose in life, and just learning how to walk, talk, and breathe like a missionary! These are all good things to get caught up in (I hope) but that’s no reason to forget about the Supreme Being who makes it all possible! These last five months have prayed like a mad man for my Fathers help with French and with many many other things. And he has answered ALL OF THEM. I am sooo blessed and I have learned that my Father in Heaven WANTS to bless me (and all of his children) when I give thanks to Him for all that I have received, when I keep the commandments, and when I read the scriptures. Our degree of gratitude and thanksgiving (coming up soon #excited) is a measure of our love for God! The necessities of food, air, and water all come to us as gifts from our loving Heavenly Father! How grateful I am for the gift of my family!! Eternal life fulfills the deepest longings of the human soul! (and golf). How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who freely, but with much grief and pain, gave his son for sacrifice for all of the world! Because of the atonement, eternal life becomes a possibility for all who qualify! LIFE IS THE BEST. I could go on for days about all of the things I am grateful for but my little fingys aren’t much for typing so I’ll just stop haha. 

Yes I got the ballot in the mail literally 10 hours before I left Charleroi. #Blessing. Hopefully my boi Mitt is doing work.  #HesGotMyVote. I swear the election is bigger here in France then it is the United States haha. People are crazzzzy.  I remember in Charleroi some lady asked, "Are you Mitt Romney's boys." hahaha. Of course I said yes just to make her happy. Give me some updates on that liberal election please. Not that it really matters but so many people here ask us about it so it would be kinda fun to know.

Chartre is so BEAUTIFUL. Like I never say that word so that sorta means something. It is so clean here. (Almost as clean as the city of Fallon when me and Elder Faught were doin big things in our bright green outfitz). It’s definitely been a culture shock coming from Charleroi to Chartre. France is so different. I have soooo much to learn. People can tell I started in Belgium because of the way i speak French haha. Belgium French is "ugly" according to the people here haha. Chartre only has about 40 members or so and is just a branch. The building is small but very nice where we meet. My new companion elder Maxwell is so leggit. I have learned more in these last 5 days then in my entire life. The work has been kinda dead here in Chartre so we got BIG plans to turn the Work around here. It won[t be easy but with the Lord on our side, itz possible! I am excited about the future here. Life rocks!

Sounds like y’all had a good time in Utah. That’s good. You deserve it. Dad said it was negative 3 degrees! That’s flippin cold. I love fishing but I’m not sure it would be worth it in that kinda weather haha, I hope those fish were BIG. So did like a huge cold front hit the United States these last couple of days? It surely has here. I have been wearing tights, two sweaters, and a jacket just to stay warm... and honestly it hasn’t really worked. I have been freezing my tail off these last couple of days. And its only Octobre!! C'est pas bon! Hopefully we get blessed with a little warmer weather this next week haha. 

Well that’s about all. I will try to write you a cute little letter later today if I have time. Stay awesome. Stay neat. Keep on keepin on. Y’all rock. Don’t foeget to give THANKS for all of your many blessings! I know you gotta lot of them (particularly your cute lil French son hahaha je blague!!). Vous étre le meilleur!

Bises,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment