background

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

E-mail 11-25-13



Whoa that’s a lot of questions mother.  I’ll try my hardest to answer all of them but no promises.  Yeah I’m still pretty decent on the ping pong table.  We play once in a while here at church with our amis.  We have some amis that are pretty dang good too.  The Africans know how to ping it up.  On p days we sometimes do things with other missionaries but not too often.  We are not allowed to go in groups bigger then 4.  I hope to be able to see the beaches of Normandy but I’m not sure if I will be able to.   It depends if we can find a member to take us or we can pay a lot but  I  don’t want to do that.   There are a ton of other historic things a lot closer, maybe we will be able to visit some stuff here soon.  And yes we are celebrating Thanksgiving this year again.  On Thursday we have from 10 am to 6 pm to celebrate with our districts.  Luckily in my district we have an American couple who will be doing a lot of the cooking.  Thank goodness!   I was given the task of making potatoes (easy) and pie. No idea how to make pie.  Do you have any good recipes for me?   I could use them.  Thanks.   This year we will not be playing football though.   They have always done that in the past but to many missionaries have gotten hurt so Prez decided to cut that.  I guess we are not even supposed to be celebrating Thanksgiving according to the mission headquarters but Prez wants us to haha.  We don’t argue with him.  So I have yet to do my legality in Paris.  I will be traveling there tonight and in the morning very early I will make my way to the Préfecture to do my legality.   Hopefully that all works out, haha.   It would be nice if they could give me that dang card already.  Only time will tell.   I think that answers most of your questions.   If not, you just go ahead and pose them next week.   Désolé.  


Sounds like you guys will have a quiet little Thanksgiving.  That will be fun.  Gotta do one of those every once in a while. Is grandpa going to be there?  Good to hear that he is getting better.  I’ll be waiting for that package.  I got so many pics I would like to take but I can’t haha!   That will be nice to have a little camera gain.  That’s a bummer that theGeenwave lost in the championship football game, but that’s okay.   Sounds like they had a solid season.   That’s SOO good to hear that Sister Hubbard is recovering well.  Miracles happen.  Prayer works. 

This last week wasn’t an easy one but that okay.  Life goes on. We had 3 baptisms in the planning but ALL three are not doing so hot.  Sad, not cool but we were able to see some good stuff anyways.  Sunday we had a couple come to church that we have been teaching!  And right after we went to the Bishops house and had an awesome meal  (potatoes and meat) and discussion.  They asked a gazillion questions so it was nice to have the Bishop, who is French and can communicate a little better than us silly Americans, answer a lot of them for us.  Not sure if i have told you yet but the Bishop here is amazzzing.  He is really pushing hard on missionary work. In the ward there are about 80 members (on a good Sunday) and he wants to double the size of the ward in 2 years.  And he isn’t kidding.  He means business!  We had an awesome ward meeting last week.  So pretty much anytime we have a lesson he wants us to teach with members. And the members are completely ready to teach with us.  The work here in Caen is gonna start poppin pretty soon.  This transfer has been a little rough but things are starting to turn around.  Baptisms are COMING,  I can feel  it.  Work hard, harvest hard.  Sounds like fun to me.

And also this week we started teaching a family!  They are super legit.  So when we showed up last time all of the kids were there in the lesson.  We had a circle of 7 in the living room!  The spirit was strong as we testified of Joseph Smith and shared the message of the restoration.   Just a little side note.   So the mother has been struggling with her 13 year old son who has been getting himself into trouble and doesn’t seem to care about what his mother says to him. The first time we came he shook our hands and barely even said hi before running back to his room.  (I don’t blame him though, for reals,  American strangers professing weird things would send me to my room too haha)   Right now he is at the "I’m to cool stage" in life.   Best time ever.   So this last time he was completely different. 

After a little chat I  got him to join the lesson!   And he was loving it!  He was participating and everything.  His mother was verrrrrrrry surprsied!   Simply put, it was cool to see what the spirit can do to others.   The spirit really does soften hearts... whether it be an 80 year old man who says he's set in his ways or a 13 year old boy who is too cool for school.   All is possible.   Just pray.   Ask for the spirit.  Be worthy of it.  Go out of your comfort zone.   Be bold.  Say what you feel.   Then give thanks!   That’s the little recipe I’ve learned on my mission.   If it seems too work,  Try it!
Have a good Thanksgiving.   Sorry this letter had nothing to do with giving thanks but that okay,  church is true! Party hard.  Eat a lot.  Think of me.  Bisoussss! LUVZ!

Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment