background

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

E-mail July 10, 2012


Bonjour Famille et amis! Commet ca va!?

This last week has been so good to me! I can’t believe that it is already the tenth of julliet!   This last month and a half or so has been the shortest time of my life.  It still feels like I just got here. How is it out there in the real world?  Sometimes in this penitentiary its hard to even believe that there is a real world somewhere out there.  Its is so weird to think that I will not have left this single block of holy land for a whole two months!  (minus the trip to San Fran).  Paris is gonna be a real shocker for sure.

The Fourth of July is the best!  Especially at the MTC. We got to hear our MTC presidencies thoughts and feeling about the Fourth during a special devotional on Wednesday night and then we got to watch the fireworks.   The stadium of fire is just a couple of blocks away so it was pretty neat to watch. We didn’t get to bed until about 11 thirty that night.  I have never been so angry about not being able to go to bed on time.  Sleep is a valuable/rare/cherished thing in my life and I think in every missionary’s life.  I was so tired Thursday haha.  But on the realz. This country is amazing!  Its something we need to all be grateful for and not take for granted.  Our right to worship who and what we please is what makes this land so GOOD!   It wasn’t an accident that the gospel was restored to this country through a prophet Joseph Smith.   God has a plan and time for everything. (hopefully his plan and time for my French Speaking capability comes soon haha).

Mom, I think I will be getting my immunization shot this week or next. And I think it costs quite a few bucks.  So do I just use my credit card or what?  Let me know. Thanks you so much for the box of goodies! (You really do need to stop though; Elder Adamz is getting a wee bit TUBBY) (but I do love the Krispy Kremes, so I guess I wouldn’t mind if those came again accidently). Sounds like you guys had a really good time at the cabin with Grandpa. The cabin is the best. I bet grandpa really loved it up there.  I’m sure it was nice for him to get out of the town and what not.  I hope he is hanging there.  Let him know that I love him and he’s in my prayers!

This week we are getting 40 new Frenchies!  Our little hall is going to be packed!  I’m excited for them to all get here but I am not excited that 40 of them are moving into my spacious chambre (room).  Its gonna be rough not sleeping in mega bed for the last three weeks but I’ll be alright. The beds here are tiny!  My lengthy body doesn’t quite fit on the mattresses so i have learned how to sleep in the fetal position (actually not as bad as it sounds).  Try it!

The French is coming along so much better this week!  I have taught about 5 lessons this week and have felt as comfortable as ever.  I have really been working on speaking only French in and out of class, and itis  really helping my language speed.  It is so much harder than it sounds.  Speaking French all day gives me the fattest migraine ever!  haha.  I can only imagine what it is going to be like when I am surrounded by 60 million French people!  This week I created a French Language Study Plan and it has helped me tremendously.  I am finally learning how to effectively study and plan.  Those things are so hard for me because I have never done them in my life!   This week I have gotten better by leaps and bounds though and I know I know if I continue to work hard it will only get better.

I can’t wait to see Elder Faught tomorrow!  Since day one in here I have been counting down the days until I  get to see his cute face!  haha.  He is going to be a legit missionary.  I wish I could’ve been at his farewell.  I am sure he tore it up.  I might be able to host all the new missionaries tomorrow and hopefully I’ll host Elder Faught!   That would be a real treat to see the Faught family and what not. Well I am completely out of time and didn’t even get to bare my testimony or anything!  Desolet (Sorry) !!! l'eglise est vrait!  Don’t forget it!  I love you all!  

Avec L'amour, Elder Adams XOXO

#I’llWriteYouBackLatterTodayMomAndDadAndTristin
#LoveYouAllToTheMoonAndBack
#StayAwesome

No comments:

Post a Comment