background

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Trip to San Francisco

Letter 6-25-12

I am currently writing this letter 36,000 feet up in the air.  We went to San Francisco to get our Visas.  It was nice to get out of the MTC for 15+ hours.  The trip consisted of nine other Elders and Sisters besides me.  I was the “travel group leader”, so if anybody died it was on me.  As the leader I got to carry a cell phone all day in case of emergencies, to call our taxi driver (Edgar was his name, nicest guy I ever met), and to call the MTC travel office to let them know how things went.  It was pretty weird carrying a cell phone;  I was tempted to give you guys a call, haha just kidding!

San Fran is the craziest place in the world during the summer.  After we went into the scary French Consulate, we had three hours left to burn.  As a group we decided to spend those hours at Pier 39!  It was the best time ever.  I have never had so many people stare at me in my life.  I like to think they were staring at me because I am so good looking, but I am almost positive they were staring at me because I was dressed in a suit in 90 degree weather with 9 others looking exactly like me, with funny looking plaques that say Elder, and Jesus Christ.  It was fun talking to real people.  We talked to a couple of Mormon families that felt obligated to talk to us and some straight crazy other people.  We talked to a black homeless guy who had a testimony of the power of Christ.  He preached to us about how “crack cocaine” is of the devil and that we must build our foundation upon the rock of Christ.  The guy was still messed up form the drugs he had done his entire life but I could tell he was a changed man.  He may have been the weirdest dude alive, but it was so fun to talk to him.  He promised that if we prayed for him he would pray for us!  Also at the Pier we ate a famous bowl of clam chowder, visited the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory, watched the seals (my favorite animal), went to the taffy store, and read the Book of
Mormon.  Definitely a good day!

I am so sad to hear about Grandma Hendrix.  There is nothing I can really do, but I know that I pray day and night for the Lord to comfort all the family, especially my Mom and Grandpa.  I’m not sure how she is doing but I know that whatever happens is for the best.  Grandma was an amazing mother, example, and member of the church.  She blessed all that need her!  I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the opportunity he gave all of us to live with God again.

Love,
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment