background

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 24, 2012

Cher familly et amis!
The last week of my MTC experience has come! (soooo quickly i must say).  These last couple of days Elder Adams has struggled tremendously with sleeping haha.   PARIS/FRANCE consumes my mind every night and won’t let me sleep.  I am kind of  freaking out about being surrounded by 60 million people that speak French, and that speak it well haha. My French has come a long way and will continue to do so for the next two years but that doesn’t mean i am not going to be nervous haha.   This may seem weird but I actually am kinda  sad to be leaving the MTC (just a lil though) because I have made so many good friends and I love all of my teachers.  The MTC has been a real treat.  Speaking of TREATS-Elder Adams has gained 15 pounds!   #Embarrassing!!!   I never thought it was possible, but PLEASE people will you stop sending me candy and junk food and just food in general  hahaha.  I will lose the weight shortly though, don’t worry.  The petite food portions in France and all the walking will help me lose a few pounds  (hopefully  more)  I’m sure.

Is it just the MTC or is it hot every minute of every day in the real world to?  The MTC's air conditioning has been horrible so this place has been like a sauna these last two weeks.  Sundays and T uesdays when i have to wear a suite are the worst.  My tie is used to wipe the sweat from my forehead and is soaked by the end of the day haha  (a lil exaggeration).  Maybe it is just cuz i am fat now but  i don’t think so.  I can’t even think without sweating!

Last week  Ii got to be a missionary host for the 1st time!   It was so fun being able to show new kids around the MTC and what not.   Both of the kids I  hosted were scared to death and I got the opportunity to let them know that they will be just fine but I do see where they are coming from, the first week of the mission is kinda rough.   Both of the Elders were headed to Fiji so they didn’t have much to complain about haha.   Tomorrow i will get to host again.   I can’t wait,  It is definitely a highlight in the MTC.

The French is slowly progressing!   This last week i have been trying my hardest to speak it whenever and wherever I go and so fa,r so good.   Last Thursday was my best day by a mile!   I spoke it basically all day and even during gym and meal times (so hard for me).  Nothing will make a person more tired than trying to translate English words to French words in your head haha.   I slept like a baby that night! French is so fun to speak.   I have finally memorized the entire First Vision in French and have gotten the opportunity to use it in 4 or 5 lessons thus far.  It was so hard but I am so glad I did it.  French is the best!

Well I am almost all out of time.  I am so excited to be going into the real mission field where I can teach real people and real lessons!   I have loved the MTC experience and will definitely never forget it.  There are not very many prisons in this world like the MTC.   This prison full of 2,381 missionaries (President told us yesterday) is the only place in the world that has the SPIRIT in such rich abundance!   I have never felt the spirit this much in my life.   I am scared out of my mind to be going to France so soon but I know with the Lord on my side that I will be just  fine!   I have learned so much these last 9 weeks but the things I have learned the most are how much my Heavenly Father really does love me and everyone who lives and ever lived,  a great love for the scriptures (especially the Livre de Mormon),  a love for my Savior and a knowledge of his infinite atonement, and so much about Joseph Smith and the restoration! The MTC has been a real treat.  I love you all. Thanks for your support and prayers.

 Avec L'amour... Elder Adams
 #ParisBBY!
#ChurchIsSoooTrue



 ");

No comments:

Post a Comment