background

Sunday, July 8, 2012

June 19th, 2012


Bonjour Famille! et Fmis!

Thanks for all of the letters from everyone!  Hearing what is happening in the real world is nice once in a while haha.  MOM, I never got these cinnamon rollz that you speak of!  I hope that one day they will find there way here because that SOUNDS so good right about now.  But on the realz, I would like it if people would stop sending me candy because I am getting HUGE.  Like I haven’t weighed myself or anything but I can just tell.  I’m gonna have to buy a whole new wardrobe if I continue to grow at this rate haha. Willard always was fat.

MTC life is the best! That’s so awesome that you guys are almost to Disneyworld.  Make sure and say HI to Special K for Me (Elder Kevin Christiansen). The MTC and Disney world are actually a lot a like ehh?  It’s just a completely different kind of happiness haha.  Right now I am riding the French Roller Coaster and it is making me wanna puke hahah (see what I did there).  French is so dang hard to learn but at the same time it is so rewarding!  I look back on these last three weeks and I have truly learned so much about French and the gospel as well.  I’m finally to the point where I can teach investigators for thirty minutes, in French, with my companion of course, without note cards!  I’m to the point when I talk in English I’m thinking about French words that would match what I am trying to say.  Sorry if that didn’t make sense haha.

My three French teachers are amazing! Two of them served their missions in Tahiti (Frere Gunderson & Frere Lindsay) where they speak both French and Tahitian. Everybody in our zone laughs at our district because we all have a little bit of a Tahitian-French Accent.  And I also have a teacher (Freere Blosil) that served his mission in France.  All three of them are the coolest dudes I have ever met. They are some powerful teachers for realz!

A lady Named Sheri Dew, CEO or something of Deseret Book, gave the devotional talk last week.  It was so legit.  The talk was basically about how we need to understand that most of the things in this life are temporary but the things of God are ETERNAL.  We need to think about every decision that we make and put it into an eternal perspective. We need to stand up for our religion and ourselves by not being easily influenced. Now-a-days people will do anything just to be cool and that is not COOL!  She also mentioned the statement "giving is far better than receiving" and how true and untrue that statement is.   We as Gods children need to understand the importance of receiving.   All of the gifts our Father in Heaven has in store for us will never be received if we don’t pray for them.  The last thing I can remember from her talk was D&C chapter 76.  The first ten verses in this scripture are amazing and will really help anybody who is having a rough time (especially missionaries).  She gave a pretty good talk, for a girl anyway haha, just kidding. Women know everything.

I can’t believe that I have already been gone for three weeks. It feels like time flies the longer I am here. All of the kids in my Zone left for France yesterday, such a sad day for me haha.   I was good friends with many of them and learned so much from so many of them.  This week I have pondered more about the Book of Mormon than any other time in my life.  I know without a doubt in my mind that The Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith translated it by the power God, and that it is the sweetest book on the earth today!  I know that Joseph Smith and many others wouldn’t have given their lives or died for some silly book if it wasn’t indeed true!   I love this book and the effect it has had on my life.  People, take Moroni's challenge if you haven’t ever done so, and do it again if you have!  God answers prayers and wants the best for us!  Y’all Rock. Stay Awesome.

Love Elder Adamz

No comments:

Post a Comment