background

Sunday, July 8, 2012

E-mail June 27th, 2012


Dear Family,

That letter was amazing!   I’m so glad that so many family members were able to see Grandma before she left this earth. This may sound like I’m a cold person or something, but when I heard that grandma was dying it didn’t really bother me.  I feel as if Grandma had done everything she could have possibly done on earth.  She was such a great example to all; a wonderful mother, an amazing wife, a faithful member of the church, and probably the most loving person I have ever met.  When I think about Grandma, I think about one of the most loving and honest people I have ever known.  I loved her so much for her honesty.  My three favorite lines that Grandma often said were, "Miles, say PLEASE"   “You missed to many open shots tonight" (after the Dayton bball game), and "Don’t talk to your mother like that, if I would’ve talked to my mother like that she would’ve beat me haha."   Grandma always joked that she was ready to die and I kind of believed her.   I feel as if she was as ready as she would ever be.  Death isn’t really something we can ever be completely ready for, but I know that Grandma is in a better place.  I know this because in Alma Chapter 40: verses 11 and 12 (Please read this, its GREAT)  it describes the state of the soul between death and the resurrection.  It says that she "will be taken home to God" who gave her life.  She will be received "into a state of happiness.  I’m so grateful for the wonderful plan of salvation and all that it entails!

I’m sorry I am all out of time.  Stay strong!   Don’t worry about me, all is well in the life of Elder Adams.  The MTC is the best, as are all of you. You’re in my prayers!  Tell Gramps I love him and that I am praying for him day and night.  Church is true!  Peace!

XOXO Elder A. AKA Willard

ps- A member of the MTC presidency told me the news of Grandma passing away this morning.

ps- I sent you a letter today. Should be there soon.

ps- I forgot my camera yesterday, so I have no pics of the great adventure. Sorry about that.  I described all that happened in San Fran in my letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment